Wednesday 9 October 2013

It is Simple!

It is Simple!

Naaman was the commander of the Syrian army. The LORD had helped him and his troops defeat their enemies, so the king of Syria respected Naaman very much. Naaman was a brave soldier, but he had leprosy. One day while the Syrian troops were raiding Israel, they captured a girl, and she became a servant of Naaman's wife. Sometime later the girl said, "If master would go to the prophet in Samaria, he would be cured of his leprosy." When Naaman told the king regarding it, the king gave him full consent and gave him a letter for the king of Israel. The  letter that the king gave said, "I am sending my servant Naaman to you. Would you cure him of his leprosy?" When the king of Israel read the letter,he  shouted in fear thinking the Syrian King was trying to pick a fight with him. As soon as Elisha the prophet heard what had happened, he sent the Israelite king a message asking him to send Naaman to him,by which they would know that there is a prophet of God in Israel. Naaman stopped at the door of Elisha's house.
Elisha sent someone outside to say to him, "Go wash 7 times in the Jordan River. Then you'll be completely cured." But Naaman stormed off, grumbling, "Why couldn't he come out and talk to me? I thought for sure he would stand in front of me and pray to the LORD his God, then wave his hand over my skin and cure me. What about the Rivers in Damascus, aren’t they just as good as any river in Israel. I could have washed in them and been cured." His servants went over to him and said, "Sir, if the prophet had told you to do something difficult, you would have done it. So why don't you do what he said? " Naaman walked down to the Jordan; he waded out into the water and stooped down in it seven times, just as Elisha had told him. Right away, he was cured, and his skin became as smooth as a child's. Naaman and his officials went back to Elisha. Naaman stood in front of him and announced, "Now I know that the God of Israel is the only God in the whole world. Sir, would you please accept a gift from me?" "I am a servant of the living LORD," Elisha answered, "and I swear that I will not take anything from you." Naaman kept begging, but Elisha refused and asked him to go on home, and not to worry. Then Naaman left.
Lesson to be Learnt:
1.      When we want a miracle/healing we also imagine like how Naaman did. We go to Big preachers/Saints or hear astrology and go after doing rituals etc. We think that if God listens to these great peoples prayer for us to be healed. Some people even spend lots of money for this. But my dear friend, God asks us to do a very simple thing to get healing/miracle that we need.
2.      God says “By My Stripes you are healed” Yes, Jesus died on the cross for our curse/sickness/Sin for our sakes. He says if you believe in Him, then you are healed. It was very weird for Naaman to go and dip himself in a river for 7 times. But he obeyed and got healed.
3.      Today you may be with terrible diseases. But if you follow the simple command of God to believe in Him you will be healed.


Here are some verses in the bible on healing. You can use them while praying.
Isaiah 53:5 
But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Jeremiah 33:6 
Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.
James 5:15 
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
Hebrews 11:6 
But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Exodus 15:26

"If you will listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his sight, obeying his commands and laws, then I will not make you suffer the diseases I sent on the Egyptians; for I am the LORD who heals you."

Psalm 107:19-21

"LORD, help!" they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.  He spoke, and they were healed -- snatched from the door of death.  Let them praise the LORD for his great love and for all his wonderful deeds to them.

Psalm 30:2

O LORD my God, I cried out to you for help, and you restored my health.

Isaiah 53:4-5

Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God for his own sins!  But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed!

Psalm 103:2-4

Praise the LORD, I tell myself, and never forget the good things he does for me.  He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.  He ransoms me from death and surrounds me with love and tender mercies.

Jeremiah 17:14

O LORD, you alone can heal me; you alone can save. My praises are for you alone!

Mark 5:34

And he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. You have been healed

Revelation 21:4

He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever."

James 5:16

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.



0 comments:

Post a Comment