Monday 28 October 2013

Give God His Glory!

Give God His Glory!

During the twentieth year that Artaxerxes was king, I served him his wine, as I had done before. But this was the first time I had ever looked depressed. So the king said, "Why do you look so sad? You're not sick. Something must be bothering you." Even though I was frightened, I answered, "Your Majesty, I hope you live forever! I feel sad because the city where my ancestors are buried is in ruins, and its gates have been burned down." The king asked, "What do you want me to do?" I prayed to the God who rules from heaven. Then I told the king, "Sir, if it's all right with you, please send me back to Judah, so that I can rebuild the city where my ancestors are buried."  The king agreed to let me go. Then I asked, "Your Majesty, would you be willing to give me letters to the governors of the provinces west of the Euphrates River, so that I can travel safely to Judah? I will need timber to rebuild the gates of the fortress near the temple and more timber to construct the city wall and to build a place for me to live. And so, I would appreciate a letter to Asaph, who is in charge of the royal forest." God was good to me, and the king did everything I asked. The king sent some army officers and cavalry troops along with me, and as I traveled through the Western Provinces, I gave the letters to the governors. 3 days after arriving in Jerusalem, I got up during the night and left my house. I took some men with me, without telling anyone what I thought God wanted me to do for the city. When I got back, I said to the people and the officials, "Jerusalem is truly in a mess! The gates have been torn down and burned, and everything is in ruins. We must rebuild the city wall so that we can again take pride in our city." Then I told them how kind God had been and what the king had said. Immediately, they replied, "Let's start building now!" So they got everything ready
Lesson to be Learnt:
            I hope, you remember how Nehemiah prayed for several days before meeting the King. Today we see how the King mercifully granted everything that Nehemiah wanted to do for his native city. I remember my days when I had to get my record signed/preparing for a stage event. I used to praise God continuously until I get it done. And have always found it to be successful. It is when we honor God, thanking Him, praising Him for what He has done and praying before we start any work, He honors the work of our hands. So my dear friends. Always remember to pray and start any event in your life, may it be buying/selling/going on a tour/attending an interview etc. And it will surely be a blessing to you.

Psalm 86:12
(Hindi) हे प्रभु हे मेरे परमेश्वर मैं अपके सम्पूर्ण मन से तेरा धन्यवाद करूंगा, और तेरे नाम की महिमा सदा करता रहूंगा।
(Kan) ನನ್ನ ದೇವರಾದ ಕರ್ತನೇ, ನನ್ನ ಪೂರ್ಣ ಹೃದಯದಿಂದ ನಿನ್ನನ್ನು ಕೊಂಡಾಡುವೆನು; ನಿನ್ನ ಹೆಸರನ್ನು ಯುಗಯುಗಕ್ಕೂ ಘನಪಡಿಸುವೆನು.
(Mal) എന്റെ ദൈവമായ കര്ത്താവേ, ഞാന് പൂര്ണ്ണഹൃദയത്തോടെ നിന്നെ സ്തുതിക്കും; നിന്റെ നാമത്തെ എന്നേക്കും മഹത്വപ്പെടുത്തും.
(MKJV)  I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Your name forevermore.
(Tamil OV)  என் தேவனாகிய ஆண்டவரே உம்மை என் முழு இருதயத்தோடும் துதித்து, உமது நாமத்தை என்றென்றைக்கும் மகிமைப்படுத்துவேன்.
(Telugu)  నా పూర్ణహృదయముతో నేను నీకు కృతజ్ఞతాస్తు తులు చెల్లించెదను నీ నామమును నిత్యము మహిమపరచెదను.




0 comments:

Post a Comment